TROOP 33 RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Aloha Troop 33 Scouts and Families,
As many of you have heard, the first cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed on Oahu. Our highest priority is the health and safety of our Scouts, adult leaders, and parents and family members. This is a rapidly evolving situation and in response to this, the Troop is implementing some proactive measures to promote the health of our community.
1. We encourage Scouts, adult leaders, parents, and family members who are sick (cold symptoms, fever, cough, vomit, diarrhea) TO STAY HOME.
2. If a Scout appears acutely ill at an event (cough, shortness of breath), the Scout will be separated from the group and sent home.
3. We ask all Scouts and adults to cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue or into the sleeve of their elbow.
4. We ask all Scouts and adults to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can also be used.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
We will continue to provide updates as necessary through email and on the Troop website. For more information and news on the latest developments, please visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue to ensure the well-being of Troop 33.